[mythtv-users] LIRC help needed with IguanaIR and PACE DC50X

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 00:36:16 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 16:54, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Ok. But, I am doing that in the hardware.conf. Do I need to designate
>>>it someplace else?
>>
>> You made a /dev/lirc0 by hand. Lirc may mistakenly be trying to use this erroneous socket instead of /dev/iguanaIR/0 You can compel lirc to use the correct socket by starting lircd with "sudo lircd -d /dev/iguanaIR/0"
>
> OK, I deleted /dev/lirc[x]
>
> IF I
>
> sudo lircd -d /dev/iguanaIR/0
>
> I receive:
>
> $ sudo lircd -d /dev/iguanaIR/0
> lircd: can't open or create /var/run/lirc/lircd.pid
> lircd: No such file or directory

I basically fixed this by creating a directory under /var/run/lirc
for the pid. I don't think I should have needed to do that, should I?

anyway, here's my status

=====STATUS=====

starting lirc and using irsend gives me a timeout:

$ sudo lircd --driver=iguanaIR --device=/dev/iguanaIR/0
--pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd.pid --listen

$ irsend set_transmitters 1 2 3 4
irsend: timeout

It also gives a segfault:
(dmesg):

6162.068687] lircd[5425]: segfault at 0 ip 000000000040eafa sp
00007fff0fb88bf0 error 4 in lircd[400000+17000

--
It seems strange that when sending irsend, a segfault in dmesg is
registered but lircd still runs:

$ ps ax | grep lirc
 5486 ?        S      0:00 lircd --driver=iguanaIR
--device=/dev/iguanaIR/0 --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd.pid --listen

=====WHAT NEXT?=====

It seems that what you are saying is that libusb needs to be at least
version 1.0 for this to work?

Are there any other issues?

 Looking at:
http://iguanaworks.net/projects/IguanaIR/wiki/GettingStarted

I've done what is listed. The only thing that is bothering me is Jarod saying:

"You have LIRC compiled with iguanaIR support. You didn't "install"
iguanaIR in LIRC. :)"

Because I have:

$ lircd -H ?
Driver `?' not supported.
Supported drivers:
	iguanaIR

What else do I need to do?

and, my hardware.conf seems correct. This is it:

# /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
#
#Chosen Remote Control

#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="Iguanaworks USB IR Transceiver"
REMOTE_MODULES=""
REMOTE_DRIVER="iguanaIR"
REMOTE_DEVICE=""
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc/lircd.conf"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS="-r"

#Chosen IR Transmitter
TRANSMITTER="None"
TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
TRANSMITTER_DRIVER=""
TRANSMITTER_DEVICE=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc/pace.conf"
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Enable lircd
START_LIRCD="true"

#Don't start lircmd even if there seems to be a good config file
START_LIRCMD="false"

#Try to load appropriate kernel modules
LOAD_MODULES="true"

# Default configuration files for your hardware if any
LIRCMD_CONF=""

#Forcing noninteractive reconfiguration
#If lirc is to be reconfigured by an external application
#that doesn't have a debconf frontend available, the noninteractive
#frontend can be invoked and set to parse REMOTE and TRANSMITTER
#It will then populate all other variables without any user input
#If you would like to configure lirc via standard methods, be sure
#to leave this set to "false"
FORCE_NONINTERACTIVE_RECONFIGURATION="false"
START_LIRCMD=""

# for iguana ir
DRIVER="iguanaIR"
DEVICE="/dev/iguanaIR/0"