[mythtv-users] navigating dvd menus

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Jan 31 16:04:49 UTC 2010

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Sunday 31 January 2010 08:46:31 am Yan Seiner wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a utility that dumps a dvd menu structure in a way
>> that can be easily processed by a shell script?
>>
>> I'm trying to find a way to identify the title that gets played when the
>> user selects the "main feature" or "play feature" using a CLI script.
>>

> The traditional wisdom is to simply select the longest file, it's correct 99%
> of the time.

That's what I'm doing now; the problem is that some of the newer DVDs
seem to be catching on and creating dozens of nearly-identical length
titles.  This has to be some sleight-of-hand as you can't fit 41 90+
minute features onto a single DVD but that's what I'm seeing.  I'd love
to get a look at the menu structure that sets this up.

--Yan

--

   o__