[mythtv-users] Searching for movies from a particular decade

Chris Gentle gentlec at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 14:29:48 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sure it can - this is MythTV, after all. Using a power search with the
> following search phrase gives me good reuslts for TCM in the UK:
>
> program.category_type LIKE 'movie'
> AND
> program.airdate >= 1940
> AND
> program.airdate <= 1949
> AND
> program.chanid = channel.chanid
> AND
> channel.name LIKE 'TCM'
>
> Note that this may not be the most optimal query, and I'm sure others
> will provide a better example.

Hi.  Thanks for the response.  Is this a mythtv frontend query or a mythweb
query?  I found where I could do a power search in mythweb but it actually
sets it up as a recording schedule, which is not necessarily what I want.
Is there a place to do this in the frontend?  Also, I've not yet upgraded to
0.22 so I'm still using 0.21.  Does that make a difference?

--
Chris