[mythtv-users] Blue-abstract update and applying for the competition

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jan 31 02:41:17 UTC 2010

On 01/30/2010 09:25 PM, Phill Edwards wrote:
>> You're using the Qt theme painter on the system where everything is
>> marked as watched and the OpenGL painter on the one that works.
>>
> Yes, I noticed that if you're running QT, then ALL the icons light up
> on the watch recordings screen.

Are you using current 0.22-fixes, or are you using the pre-release
snapshot that ships with Ubuntu 9.10?  If the latter, update to current
0.22-fixes (not trunk), and it may work fine for you with the Qt
painter.  I can't remember if http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22440
is the changeset that allows the theme's icon's to work with the Qt
painter, but if so, it looks like it went into trunk before -fixes was
branched.  If nothing else, it should work in 0.23, when released.

> Problem for me is that if I use OpenGL
> the user interface runs really, really slowly. Would a more grunty
> video card fix that, or is it a system CPU bottleneck?

More likely you need a video card with better drivers (or properly
installed/configured drivers).  Only "fake" graphics cards (such as the
PVR-350 TV out or maybe some off-brand, super-old (1990's era), or
possibly some super-basic, off-brand old integrated graphics) should
have hardware issues.  Most everything else comes down to video drivers
that don't support OpenGL.  (All that assumes direct rendering--not
network display, like X forwarding or VNC or ...)

Mike