[mythtv-users] MythVideo automatic scanning

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 02:36:06 UTC 2010

I have set up a script which generates lots of mplayer playist files
which contain links to online new videos. The playtlist files live
under my /videos partition so that MythTV can display the list to me
and I can watch news videos by firing up mplayer. I don't populate the
mythtv database with any metadata related to these videos. The script
runs a few times a day so the list of files changes constantly
throughout the day.

The MythVideo wiki at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvideo#Scanning_for_Videos says "When
you add new videos to your storage directories, you can trigger a scan
from any MythVideo view by choosing MENU->Scan For Changes".

In 0.23 I'm finding that I have to do a manual scan each time I go
into MythVideo in order to get an updated list. I don't remember ever
having to do that under 0.22. Is there a way of getting MythVideo to
automaticaly scan and refresh the list each time you fire it up?

Regards,
Phill