[mythtv-users] Backend Socket Not Releasing for Reconnection?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Jan 30 23:25:41 UTC 2010

Was playing LiveTV from a (newish) front-end when it stuttered a few times then locked and I think I restarted the front-end.  The
front-end when rebooted would not re-connect to the backend and it suggested there was a problem with the IP address by showing the
general screen with an asterisk marking the IP.  It was correct.  The front-end could still show mythweb and the LAN / Internet
appeared to be working in all other respects.  Finally I rebooted the Backend and that allowed the front-end to reconnect.   I
suppose I should have just stopped and restarted the backend.

For some reason the backend would not allow that front-end to connect, but the others were fine.

FE and FE/BE: 9.10 Mythbuntu / JYA 23323 repo.

Can anyone suggest what happened - or what to do in future when this recurs?