[mythtv-users] ComCast Digital w/pcHDTV3000, 5500

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sat Jan 30 07:15:29 UTC 2010

In preparation for Comcast thumping most stuff analog to make room for more digital,

I'm getting ready to use my ComCast OTA rebroadcast and am wondering what others have done so I can avoid the trial and error myself.

I have a subscription to SchedulesDirect.

I've scanned the band and found the OTA channels are actually labelled and that they have others like TBS and WGN available (for now) also digital. But a little experimenting shows that the SchedulesDirect lineup for comcast digital in my area doesn't correlate to those non-local channels (that I can tell).

Also, my local channels come in 2 formats. What looks like SD and then the HD variants on a 2xx channel number.

(so local channel 3-1 WCIA is also available on 203-1

and 23-1 WBIU is also on 223-1 WBIU.

The "other" channels like TBS are noted in the channel scan numbered as 109#4, 109#5, 109#0 and so on.

So I'm curious what others have done that they've found optimal.

I know we've had the discussion recently about channels being marked HD when they're really SD because of SchedulesDirect infomation not knowing the different or some-such.

Thanks,

   -Ben