[mythtv-users] OT? RT3070 USB revisited ( +Broadcom )

bhaskins at chartermi.net bhaskins at chartermi.net
Fri Jan 29 20:09:43 UTC 2010

I have been trying for quite a while to find a "just works" USB wireless adapter.
One of the many reasons for this is that I want to open up the mini-pci slot on one of my many Thinkpads for the Broadcom card to have yet another toy to play with er..aha improve my STB experience?
Anyway I was not able to the RT3070 based USB adapter to even begin to work.
I asked about this on this list and got some feedback from others that had good luck with this part.
A short time ago, I tried the:
rt3070 kernel module from ttp://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/10/i386/repoview/__latest__.group.htm
Then rebooted and wham bam! network manager did it's thing and connected me with no other effort on my my part.
So my question is: what does this kernel module change?
This is with FC10 and WPA-PSK.
Thanks,
  Bert