[mythtv-users] Firewire troubles after upgrade. Is test-mepg2 mightier than MythTV?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Jan 29 13:07:25 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:41 PM,  <bhaskins at chartermi.net> wrote:
> Overall though, capturing from FW is a real crapshoot for me.
> One time it may be perfect, the next blank or ???
> I'm not sure about the questions, let alone the answers.

Me too.

Overall, the reliability of my  setup has gone up significantly with
juju + .22 + via controller, but it's still less than 100%.  I've had
a bunch of recordings where nothing at all recorded, and a couble of
others that recorded fine for about 20 minutes but then just ended.

Of course, mythTV exacerbates the problem by just accepting the
recording as successful in all cases.

Eric