[mythtv-users] New Backend Hardware

Eric Yanush yanush2e at uregina.ca
Thu Jan 28 21:49:33 UTC 2010

Thanks for the suggestions. Just to Clarify, I will be retiring the pvr150, as all of my streams will be coming from the iptv over ethernet as mpeg transport streams, which will be right now mpeg2 and h.264, eventually being all h.264.
I did consider an dual core ION board, but I was concerned that it would not have enough power to be able to at least comm-flag recording and serve content to a remote frontend at the same time. I would like the machine to be able to comm-flag in at-least real time, 24/50fps. I am not sure exactly how much if any transcoding the machine will have to do.  So as long as the athlon II X2 2.9ghz has enough power to be remotely serving content and be comm-flagging one recording at a time I would be happy.

Eric