[mythtv-users] [OT]Slow JFS writes over NFS

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Thu Jan 28 20:23:31 UTC 2010

For historical reasons I have 3 mythtv disks that use JFS and 1 that use
XFS. I recently discovered that writes to the JFS filesystems over NFS
are much slower (1/5th) than the writes to the XFS filesystem over NFS.
FTP transfers are much faster as well to any disk.

I tried changing some of the NFS params but that didn't do anything. I
even cleared one of the JFS disks and reformatted it to XFS and NFS
writes sped up. AFAICT the only difference is the JFS filesystem.

I googled but couldn't find anyone experiencing similar problems with
NFS writes to a JFS filesystem.  Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem?

Thanks

John