[mythtv-users] "D" delete key mapping for Gyration GYR410US rf remote?

steve networks1 at cox.net
Thu Jan 28 15:00:27 UTC 2010

I have a Gyration GYR410US rf remote installed and working on my new Myth
box.  I set it up with the xmodmap method from
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Gyration-based_MCE_Remotes  One key it does not
seem to have defined is an equivalent for "d" to delete a recorded show.

I gather that to make this mapping I just have to know the XF86* symbols for
a given key that's not otherwise used by Myth and add an equivalence to
xmodmap.  But does anyone know where I can find these?  Googling around, all
I'm able to find is symbol sets for Gyration keyboards.

Or is there some way to press a key and see what code is being received by
the box?

Thanks,

Steve