[mythtv-users] MythVideo 'playcommand' to turn subtitles on?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Jan 27 13:46:38 UTC 2010

> Scott Colbeck <scolbeck at gmail.com> says:
>> On two different frontends, I have also seen this problem when
>> viewing MKV files.  The keyboard suddenly stops working but the
>> remote responds fine.
>
> So this is a problem specifically with MKV files in MythVideo, and not
> the focus issue that #7741 solved in trunk?

I can't see that ticket (the page isn't loading for me), so I'm not
sure what it's about. So with that said:

I have this problem all the time, and I don't think this is specific
to mkv files. I'm nearly certain that I've had the same thing with
m2ts files (I can double check later when I'm in front of the system).
It's related to the video having a bookmark. When you start a video
and the bookmark screen pops up, no matter whether you choose to play
from bookmark or from beginning, myth will respond to the remote but
not the keyboard. However, if you switch to another app and then back
to myth, it will work with keyboard input from then on (I have a
keyboard shortcut to launch a bash terminal, and then I just type exit
to switch back to myth).

As far as the closed captions, I have used an srt file with an mkv
with no problems. I just wish it would work with embedded srt files
instead of having to keep it separate (as the separate file shows up
in the mythvideo tree listing....or is there a way to hide those that
I didn't notice?)

--
Ron
Ronald Frazier Photography - http://www.ronfphoto.com/