[mythtv-users] Firewire troubles after upgrade. Is test-mepg2 mightier than MythTV?

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 11:59:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Jå§òÑ M@¢þhè®$Øñ <
jason.macpherson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fellow Mythers,
>
> Last week my Firewire tuner was working with Myth 0.21 running on Ubuntu
> 7.10 x86_64
> My Firewire connection worked pretty well in my old setup.  But it was far
> past time to upgrade.
>
> I've done a complete reinstall, I'm now running Fedora 12 x86_64 with Myth
> 0.22 (from atrpms).
> However, I am no longer able to use my Firewire tuner in MythTV.
>
> The odd thing is that firewire_tester and test-mpeg2 are both performing
> flawlessly.
>
> I've tired every combination of options available in mythtv-setup, but
> nothing fixes the problem.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Jason Macpherson
>

> Below is some information about my configuration:
>

> My cable box: SA4250HDC
> (Despite the error message in mythbackend.log changing channels over
> firewire works perfectly)

I must have been living under a rock or this is the first time someone has
confirmed channel changing working on the SA4250HDC (the C in the model
number is significant -- this model has the CableCard option).  Last time I
tried (under CentOS 5.x), I couldn't get it working with any of the channel
changing binaries or MythTV.  Time to retest.

/Brian/