[mythtv-users] OT: Indoor VHF gain antenna

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Jan 27 04:53:30 UTC 2010

OK, eventually I found a spot where the folded dipole got a usable
signal.  It's also the least ugly of the antennas, so I'm going to go
with it for now and see how it does.

I have to say, the "digital cliff" makes antenna adjustment more
difficult than it used to be.  My converter box won't provide any
signal strength information at all until it locks on to a good enough
signal to get at least a few complete video frames.  Even then, the
signal strength indicator has a lag of several seconds before it
responds, maybe due to some kind of averaging algorithm.