[mythtv-users] MythVideo 'playcommand' to turn subtitles on?

Nicholas Fasano nfasano at mac.com
Wed Jan 27 00:14:52 UTC 2010

> >> I'm still on .21-fixes here, and you have to press t. Has this
> >> changed under .22?
> >>
> >> Doug

> > Pressing "T" does nothing at all for me in MythVideo.  Doesn't even display a message on the OSD.  Navigating to the menu and turning on captions similarly does nothing.  I have tried this > a million times.  Checking this preference and then playing the file displays them perfectly.  This is on 0.22, with pretty much a stock Ubuntu 9.1 install.  I'm playing a mkv file with a separate > srt file named appropriately.  Perhaps I have discovered a bug?
>
> There was a bug refered to on list a short time ago related to the
> naming of the srt file. Something to do with . in the name, IIRC you
> only want one . in the srt filename, and thats the . immediately
> before srt
>
> so the.shining.srt will not work, but the_shining.srt will.
>
> But check the archives.

Yes, I'm well aware of that bug since I read this list regularly.  Like I said, my files are named appropriately and it still definitely doesn't work.  Can anyone verify that srt subtitles actually work on their .22 system so I can tell whether this is a bug or something messed up with my system?  I'm highly favoring the former, since it happens on both my combined FE/BE and remote FE and I read/search the lists before I post.

Actually, I've just done some further testing and it seems that when I play any mkv file in MythVideo, keyboard input is suppressed for some reason.  Even all the other keys besides "T" fail to function.  "M" doesn't bring up the menu and even "Esc" doesn't exit out of the movie.  This leads me to believe that this is a bug with keyboard input when playing matroska's in MythVideo.  The strange thing is that the remote buttons DO still work, but I just haven't bound a remote button to the "T" key yet (since the key itself doesn't seem to work).  If I'm correct, if I bind a remote button to "T" in MythVideo, it should overcome this strange bug and work properly.  I'll post my findings later this evening.

Thanks,
Nick