[mythtv-users] Firewire troubles after upgrade. Is test-mepg2 mightier than MythTV?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Jan 26 19:56:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Jå§òÑ M@¢þhè®$Øñ
<jason.macpherson at gmail.com> wrote:
> root at myth ~]# lspci  | grep 1394
> 01:07.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments TSB43AB22/A IEEE-1394a-2000
> Controller (PHY/Link)

I had a complete failure at getting the new Firewire stack (juju) to
work with the firewire controller on my motherboard.  I had a very
similar chip (Texas Instruments TSB43AB23 in my case).  No matter what
I did, I couldn't get mythTV to work with this controller using the
new firewire drivers.

I installed an old PCI firewire controller (VIA Technologies, Inc.
VT6306 Fire II) and everything just worked.

Eric