[mythtv-users] Mythtv Backend Windows 7 Media Center upnp client

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Tue Jan 26 18:37:21 UTC 2010

On 26/01/2010 01:08, Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I was wondering if anyone has had any luck playing back recordings
> or viewing pictures from a mythtv backends upnp server in windows 7
> media center?  I can play music, but that's about it.
>
> I'm running mythtv 0.22 on a gentoo backend.  Not really asking for
> technical assistance, but more along the lines of if there has been
> any success.
>
> Thanks

In Media Center no, I can't even work out where I might try to find
videos or photos from a UPnP!

In Media Player however, I've somehow managed to add my mythtv upnp
box.  All my recordings (and annoyingly videos) appear under the Video's
section.  However I have a number of problems with it:

1. all videos are included - I prefer to keep the split of TV and videos
as it is in Myth, mainly because most of my Videos are "junk" clips from
years ago!  So maybe that's my own fault...
2. deleted recordings are included
3. there seems to be no way to order things by "recorded date"
4. the titles seem to be title + subtitle + description
5. everything shows up twice!?
6. when I play something back it sometimes gets the wrong audio channel,
and I can't work out how to change it.

But, it does play!  Which is more than it did last time I tried it, and
seeking works ok by moving the position slider.

I'm also running a 0.22 backend on Gentoo fwiw.

Robert.