[mythtv-users] Delete files slowly

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Jan 26 03:17:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 19:32 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
> I just noticed that while I have the setting to delete files slowly,
> and recording, it records faster than it deletes.
> Is there logic in this setting, or can I assume that it will always
> delete slower than 19mb/s (1 tuner)..

long long TVRec::GetMaxBitrate(void) const
{
    long long bitrate;
    if (genOpt.cardtype == "MPEG")
        bitrate = 10080000LL; // use DVD max bit rate
    if (genOpt.cardtype == "HDPVR")
        bitrate = 20200000LL; // Peek bit rate for HD-PVR
    else if (!CardUtil::IsEncoder(genOpt.cardtype))
        bitrate = 19400000LL; // 1080i
    else // frame grabber
        bitrate = 10080000LL; // use DVD max bit rate, probably too big

    return bitrate;
}

>From your "19mb/s" assumption I assume you have an ATSC card of
some type? In that case 19400000 should be the contribution of
that recorder to the deletion truncation rate. The deletion
truncation rate is the total of all the max bitrate of all
installed recorders.

-- Daniel