[mythtv-users] *finally* able to export HD-PVR records... somewhat...

Ian Forde ianforde at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 02:48:53 UTC 2010

(It's been one of those things that has plagued me for about a year
now.)

Anyhow, down to it.
1. Create a Transcoding profile called "Autodetect for 1080i" as an
earlier thread a few days ago instructed.
2. REMOVE THE CUTLIST from the recording COMPLETELY. [1]
3. Transcode the recording using myth's built-in transcoder. [2]
4. Create the cutlist by editing the recording.
5. Run mythnuv2mkv as a user job.
6. Enjoy your high-def, 2-channel audio, 1080i recording.

Note that it's 2-channel audio.  I haven't tried anything that would
keep AC3... yet...

	-I

[1] - If you have a cutlist, mythtranscode will bail due to... well... I
don't know - something to do with keyframes, as I recall.  In fact, in
my case, mythtranscode segfaulted.  As in: BOOM.
[2] - Basically, you're processing the whole file into something that
mythnuv2mkv can handle with a cutlist.  No more
keyframe/iframe/mainframe/iwasframed issues... ;)