[mythtv-users] VDPAU Error: DISPLAY PRE-EMPTED. Aborting playback.

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Jan 25 00:41:14 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Enigma
To: mythtv-users
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 1:01 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] VDPAU Error: DISPLAY PRE-EMPTED. Aborting playback.

>FWIW, here is my experience with a similar card:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2161443&postcount=236

Interesting there is a report of a PIII 500 running a PCI video card in there!  Kewl!  (I note some other comments about needing to
ensure there is enough current available on the motherboard to run one of these though)

>My card is a Sparkle 9400 GT G96 512 MB PCI with the same problem.

Enigma, what's your CPU / Motherboard / Chipset?

> I have also seen other reports of this issue with similar cards.  I have sunk a ton of time into this card trying to get it to
> work but I haven't been able to eliminate the pre-emption errors.

Join the club!

> From the response I got in the Nvidia thread, I doubt I ever will.  IIRC, mplayer is a lot better at recovering from the errors
> than Myth, so if you have need of a MythVideo only box it still might be of some use to you.

NVIDIA are aware some of these are a problem and Stephen Warren is on record as being interested to get a PCI card to test with
(Amazing they don't seem to have one there) so a few more prompts might just move him to do it!