[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 9.10 and ALSA mixing to HDMI on Revo AR1600

Bob Cunningham FlyMyPG at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 22:21:19 UTC 2010

A strange thing just happened:  I had lost my ALSA mixing and HDMI
output (perhaps as part of an update?), so only one sound source could
be heard at a time, and only though the analog outputs.  I finally
became so frustrated while hacking on /etc/asound.conf and ~/.asoundrc,
that I deleted ~/.asoundrc and saved /etc/asound.conf as an empty file.

And fully mixed sound returned over the HDMI output.  Everything works
fine now. (I'm listening to speaker-test singing backup for Jack
Johnson.  Groovy.)

What happened?  Was this another blessed visitation by the Peripatetic
Perspicacious Penguin?

Am I allowed to touch my system?  (I'm an Ubuntu/Debian newbie, having
been a RedHat user for the past decade.)

-BobC