[mythtv-users] Remote LCD/VFD display that works with MythTV?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Jan 24 22:15:42 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Ben Kamen <bkamen at benjammin.net> wrote:
> On 1/24/2010 1:19 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>>

>> http://www.ipcrepublic.com/iMon-Knob----Remote--Receiver-volume-control-USB-IR-Remote-Receiver-Volume-Control-with-iMon-PAD_1800_855.html
>
> I have.
>
> I have the iMON VFD with the knob. I like it. the knob is set up as an easy
> volume dial/pause button for those times when the remote is hidden
> someplace! :D
>
> I love it. I didn't realize they were discontinued with no successor.

The didn't. As I understand it from "industry sources", SoundGraph
only sells OEM parts now, and Antec is now SoundGraph's primary
distributor for the stuff not already built into a case. The Antec
Veris Elite is the name for the VFD, the Antec Veris Premiere is the
LCD. The iMON Knob was actually something entirely different, it
doesn't have a display, its an external IR receiver that is also a
volume knob. I know all this, because I have the Elite, the Premiere
and the iMON Knob all in my stash of hardware here. :) (well, the Knob
is actually down at my brother's place in Brooklyn atm).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999192
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999193

See also:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999190