[mythtv-users] Nuvexport, mencoder, userjob and x264

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 20:08:36 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have been running nuvexport as a user job to convert my SD
recordings using xvid codec. It has been working quite well. I want to
go a step further and transcode all the recordings using x264 to save
on disk space and higher compression. Nuvexport with -mencoder option
however doesnt have that option.

Has anybody done this sort of thing? I like nuvexport since the
filename output has the date of the recording appended to it as well.

Cheers

PS: For some strange reason i was never able to transcode using
nuvexport -ffmpeg so i have dropped that option.