[mythtv-users] Philips DLNA-client TV won't play recordings

Kingsley Sawyers kingsley.sawyers at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 07:38:14 UTC 2010

Thanks, Brian

> I can see the files (these are PVR-150 recordings), but when it tries to play
> them it breaks up a lot and sometimes errors out. This happens with an XBox
> 360, a D-Link DSM-520 and a Myka unit, so it doesn't seem to be the player
> that's the problem, as they all work well with PlayOn.

I find it interesting that you get some response but that it is
ultimately unsuccessful.  I imagine that will be the difference
between your source being analogue PVR-150 and mine being DVB-T.

> It does play VOBs OK, as well as some other avi files. Seems like the players
> don't like the Myth PVR files.
>
> I'd guess that if I transcoded the files into something more standard it might
> work, but that's pretty drastic.

That's an interesting thought...

> Sorry if this doesn't actually help you much, but it should tell you your TV
> is OK, and give you a data point.

Yes, it is perversely reassuring.  Looks like I might be obliged to
conjure up a "real" FE.  Thanks for taking the time to play with a
similar setup and summarising your findings.