[mythtv-users] Channel changing question with HD-PVR

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Sat Jan 23 17:05:18 UTC 2010

Fred Hamilton wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Christian Szpilfogel
> <chrisznews4 at rogers.com <mailto:chrisznews4 at rogers.com>> wrote:
>
>     Or you could use this which I created for the same reason.
>     https://code.google.com/p/sa3250cmd/
>     It should work for a Motorola box as I'm really just using
>     standard protocol defined over 10 years ago. I should change the
>     name shouldn't I.
>

> Thanks!  I also just noticed that mythchanger has an option (-P) to
> turn power on.  But your function might allow me to turn the thing off
> when I'm not using it...
Yes the -P option is another choice but the key difference is that with
mine you can check the power status before deciding whether to turn it
on or not. If you blindly turn it on then you have to wait about 1
second (guard time) before attempting to change the channel. I wrote
this before -P was available but I continue to use it for that reason.
I'm also currently looking at generalizing this to support AVC commands.