[mythtv-users] Having serious signal quality issues with HDHR

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Sat Jan 23 14:26:19 UTC 2010

On Jan 22, 2010, at 10:59 PM, Mitko Haralanov wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 23:35:27 -0600
> Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> http://download.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/hdhomerun_atsc_firmware_20100121.bin
>>
>> Looks like they have released firmware yesterday.  I have not tested
>> it, but you should be able to grab older versions there as well..
>
> That's the firmware that I am running now. I was hoping that you could
> point me to the firmware that you have (you referred to it as 102409).
> I can't seem to find that one and it doesn't seem to refer to any of
> the older ones

Not sure if you and I were having the same issue, starting this monday
my HDHR was showing horrible pixelation as well.   I eliminated the
HDHR as the source by using my Mac to view a stream coming from the
HDHR.  There was no pixelation.  If I copied the files from the
Mythbox, and played them with mplayer, they had the same pixelation
issues.  After a backend reboot.. the problem went away.