[mythtv-users] EDID problem

Claude Gélinas claude at phyto.qc.ca
Sat Jan 23 02:45:30 UTC 2010

How can I keep signal on when I turn off the TV. Each time I shut down the tv
when I open it again mythtv is gone. no signal, just a blank screen.

I've copyed the EDID from the Tv to a file in
/home/mythtv/.nvidia-edid/edid.bin

Then I put some config in the xorg.conf:

    Option         "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
    Option         "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP"
    Option         "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP-0"
    Option         "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/home/mythtv/.nvidia-edid/edid.bin"
    Option         "TwinView" "0"
    Option         "metamodes" "DFP: nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
    Option         "UseEvents" "True"

But obviously it doesn't work.

I'm running mythtv latest svn on FC12, Nvidia driver NVIDIA-Linux-
x86_64-190.42-pkg2.run. The card is connected to the tv via DMI/HDVI cable

What I'm I missing.
--
Claude Gélinas agr.
Phyto Ressources inc.