[mythtv-users] Please wait screen occasionally stays visible during playback (VDPAU)

MythTV mythtv at ncc1701.serveftp.net
Sat Jan 23 02:23:39 UTC 2010

> > > I have also experienced this, but no VDPAU on my box.  Just a
> standard
> > > .22 frontend with an NVIDIA MX4 4000 and CPU-- playback profile.
> > > can also provide logs if needed.
> Another option is to hit W six or so times, it will trigger a
> repaint of the chromakey, but you need to hit it enough times
> to cycle back to the normal zoom level.
>
> -- Daniel

This happened quite often if my (combined BE/FE) machine was busy (high
disk IO due to multiple mythcommflag for instance)

I usually heard the audio start while the Please Wait... message is
still displayed. As soon as I realised, pause/play forced a repaint,
as did skip fwd/skip back.

Notably, the video was displayed in a 1 or 2 pixel outline around the
please wait display.   The Dimensions of the please wait window are
set by the theme, and mine left a tiny border.

This implied the chromakey was drawn, but either
1) the windowing clip list forced the pixels behind the please wait
dialog
   to be skipped...
2) The chromakey was written before, instead of after, the please wait
display
   was rendered.

To test this, consider removing the 'Please Wait...' display from your
theme.

I use Mythbuntu theme.  In 'base.xml', the Please Wait is defined as

    <window name="videowindow">

<!--
        <shape name="shape1">
            <area>0,0,1280,720</area>
            <type>box</type>
            <fill color="#000000" alpha="255"></fill>
        </shape>
-->

        <textarea name="title" from="basetextarea">
            <area>500,325,280,50</area>
            <align>allcenter</align>
            <alphapulse min="75" max="255" change="5"/>
            <value>Please Wait....</value>
        </textarea>

    </window>

I commented out the 'shape' definition, removing the background from the
Please Wait..

At worst, this would result in a video playing the a big 'Please Wait'
stamped in the middle
however this has not happened so far.

Dave