[mythtv-users] Incorrect programme duration in recordedseek for new recordings.

Ian Macdonald ian at caliban.org
Fri Jan 22 23:34:37 UTC 2010

Hello,

My MythTV back-end box has developed an interesting new problem. It
manifested either directly when or shortly after I upgraded from
0.21-fixes to 0.22-fixes.

MythTV now thinks that new recordings are somewhere between 78% and 82%
of their actual length. A 30 minute recording this evening came out at
24:14, according to the 'i(nfo)' key while playing, and a 65 minute
recording came out at 50:24.

Usually, this indicates a problem with the recordedseek table, and I've
had a couple of crashes of that table over the years, so I'm familiar
with how to repair it.

This time, though, things are different. recordedseek is intact and only
new recordings are affected. They are consistently around 20% shorter,
according to recordedseek.

Note that the actual length of the recording is fine. Once I run
mythcommflag on an affected recording, it takes on its correct length in
MythTV.

Nothing else has changed on this box. As I say, the bug appears to have
crept in when I moved to 0.22-fixes.

The box is a 4 tuner system with 2 Hauppauge PVR-350s and 2 PVR-150s.
Recordings by all cards are affected. I checked the config in
mythtv-setup and they are all still correctly set to PAL-BG. v4l2-ctl
also shows that the cards are set to PAL-B/B1/G.

The kernel on the box is old now, 2.6.22.9, but this has functioned well
for a long time. At the suggestion of a developer on #mythtv-users last
night, I upgraded the box today to 2.6.32.4, but that had no effect on
the issue, so I've gone back to 2.6.22.9.

I have optimised and repaired recordedseek, just for the sake of
completeness, plus run mythcommflag on everything I have. The problem
remains.

Does anyone have an idea of where to look next? I'm out of ideas at the
moment.

Cheers,

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald               | It is easier to resist at the beginning
ian at caliban.org             | than at the end.   -- Leonardo da Vinci