[mythtv-users] Channel changing question with HD-PVR

Fred Hamilton fred at yonkitime.com
Thu Jan 21 04:22:53 UTC 2010

I have an HD-PVR-based system.  It works really well - picture quality is
much better (almost perfect) and filesizes are smaller than I expected.

However when I'm recording two shows back-to-back on the same channel, Myth
sends a channel change command, even though it's staying on the same
channel. This wouldn't be a huge problem except it takes AGES for my cable
box to respond, so I lose 20 seconds or so.

Is there a way to tell Myth not to change channels if it's already on the
channel it needs to be on?  I understand that changing the channel before
every program starts is the conservative way to do it, but I want to live
dangerously!

Cheers...