[mythtv-users] Comcast Analog/Digital Future

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Jan 21 00:53:14 UTC 2010

Frank Merrill wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>> All inputs to PVR cards are encoded by the on-board hardware. There is no way
>> to get frame-grabber like performance from a PVR.
>>

> And for those who are not aware, the Hauppauge PVR-150/250 cards also
> have a second set of S-video and Composite inputs each, so each
> actually has:
> 1 - RF - NTSC
> 2 - Svideo
> 2 - Composite
>
> The PVR-500 actually has a total of 4 S-video and 4 Composite inputs
> using the additional card slot adapter.

I'm not quite sure of your math there. I just got my "DTA Pod" attached
to my PVR-500 so I'm pretty sure about the inputs.

The card has two tuners. Each tuner can tune either the *shared* single
RF input or it's *individual* S-video or Composite input. I do see the
second header on the card. I assumed it was for something other than
external ports.

I could have sworn that mythtv-setup only lists the three inputs for
each encoder.