[mythtv-users] AVerMedia HD-PVR competitor

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 20:54:57 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> And as far as I can tell, it only has component in, not HDMI, the HDMI
>>> looks like an output.
>>
>> TFA says "the AVerTV USB HD DVR which is an external USB device that
>> will /capture/ up to 1080i HD and stereo sound /via HDMI/ and other
>> inputs"
>
> I didn't see that mentioned anywhere, but I've been wrong before... :)
>
> Tom

One of the commenters on Engadget just posted this:

"The AVerTV USB HD DVR - is an external USB self powered High
Definition video capture device. It’s equipped with a Component Video
input and HDMI output interface. It allows users to connect
Cable/Satellite Set-top-boxes and HD Video recorders to capture High
Definition video content to their PC.

The AVerTV USB HD DVR is equipped with State-of-the-art hardware H.264
encoder, which will perform real-time H.264 encode functions without
overwhelming your systems CPU processing power. Users can program
scheduled recordings on their PC, to start recording HD content from
their Set-top-box. Besides recording functions, the USB HD DVR also
allows users to playback recorded content on their PC or thru HDMI
output to TV at 1080p resolution."

Of course he could be wrong, and I have no idea where that came from originally.