[mythtv-users] Zotac ION logs

Robert Dyer psybers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 10:00:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Douglas Hitchcock
<clarkaddison at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just figured the CPU could scale all it wanted I didn't care...  Maybe I
> should be more concerned about that though, I have the
> http://www.mini-box.com/M350-universal-mini-itx-enclosure , I wonder how
> quiet those http://www.mini-box.com/Top-Motor-40x4010mm-Case-Fans are,
> anyone have any?

For what its worth, I too have a single core Zotac board in the same
case.  I also see the temperature throttling (with the case closed!
take the top off and it is fine).  I ordered that fan, so I'll let you
know after it arrives but I am expecting (based on the specs) it to be
somewhat loud.  I am quite happy to run with the case open though, but
figured for $14 I would give it a shot (thats the shipped price, for 2
fans).

There was another fan posted (on newegg) that was quieter, however
note that it is *too thick* to fit into your case.  I measured and
that case requires a 10mm fan (there is about 12mm space between the
mount and the zotac's heatsink).  It is unusually hard to find a
'silent' 60x60x10mm fan for some reason!

- Rob