[mythtv-users] PVR350 TVOUT

Alan Young ayoung at teleport.com
Tue Jan 19 23:21:03 UTC 2010

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>     > Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 03:22:05 -0500
>     > From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
>
>     > Myth can decode and display captions from ivtv-recorded MPEG-2--thus the
>     > lack of complaints from people who have PVR-250's and PVR-150's and
>     > PVR-500's and no PVR-350's.
>
> Excellent.  (I don't know why I was seeing reports of issues in that
> case, but I believed them because I never saw anything out of Myth's
> internal captioning---I just assumed it was either buggy or
> unimplemented for ivtv and didn't investigate because VBI CC worked
> fine for me.

It could also be due to this old spam that is emitted by the backend whenever
a recording with the ivtv driver is started:

  ivtv drivers prior to 0.10.0 can cause lockups when
  reading VBI. Drivers between 0.10.5 and 1.0.3+ do not
  properly capture VBI data on PVR-250 and PVR-350 cards.

There was a problem with some ivtv drivers versions a while ago.  But that was
fixed and current drivers work well (for me at least).

Alan