[mythtv-users] ananolg tuner recommendations

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Tue Jan 19 22:46:46 UTC 2010

Be careful whatever analog card you do end up putting in your backend.
Not very many of the current offerings have hardware compression like
the old
PVR-250/350s did.  I just put a couple of Pinnacle 800i HD cards in my
new backend, which are capable of analog capture, as I am currently on
analog
cable, and they are sucking down a pretty large percentage of one whole
core on my Q6600 Intel processor recording 480x480 2200 bitrate Mpeg4.

There was a list of cards on the mythtv wiki that indicated which cards
do hardware compression and analog capture, and it was a pretty short
list, IIRC.

Mark