[mythtv-users] Cleaning up DVB-T recordings

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Jan 19 16:38:50 UTC 2010

I've been looking at some of my recordings, intending to trim the garbage from
the ends and then possibly achive them away. Standard stuff.

Unfortunately, because they are OTA reception, there are occasional errors
during transmission. On most of these they are no more than the odd blemish.

However, I can't run these through mythtranscode because it barfs on the errors.
Is there anything available I can run these through that will 'clean up' these
files so that I can then process them? Something that will discover the errors
and substitute them with a suitable 'fake' block which will permit me to process
further? It doesn't have to look any prettier than what was there before, just
legal for the file format.

I would be interested in Linux solutions only.

--

Mike Perkins