[mythtv-users] VDPAU poor playback - stuttering with mythvideo and internal player

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Jan 19 14:11:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:29:47AM +0800, Phil Wild wrote:
> > Add vdpaubuffersize=50 to the end of the filters line in your playback
> > profile for VDPAU. This solved the problem for me.
> >
> > I'll give this a go tonight and see if it makes any difference.
>
> Do you have an ION frontend?
>
>  I'm also going to install mplayer and see if that has trouble playing the
> clip.

     If you are trying to play divx on an ION, then mplayer will probably
complain rather visibly. My external player does. Although it doesn't seem
to impact playback too much. Then again, I am only trying to play 480p
content.

     I would expect any HD divx stuff to stutter on the ION since it has a
rather weak CPU and no help from the GPU. Whereas a 6x00 or a 7x00 would at
least have the benefit of xvmc.