[mythtv-users] DVBWorld DVB-S2 6980 Dual PCI-E Card....Does it really work?

Jelte Veldstra jelte.veldstra at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 07:44:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Another Sillyname <
anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Guys
>
> The DVBWorld DVB-S2 Dual PCI-E Card is supported in the latest version
> of the Kernel, however going through the list there seems to be mixed
> stories about whether it works very well.
>
> Does anyone on the list have more then one of these cards installed in
> their backend and have it working correctly?
>
> Can they be sourced in Europe somewhere (I'm somewhat loath to get
> them from China), if not would anyone else be interested in a group
> buy?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Would this be the same card?:
http://www.tbsdtv.com/english/product/6980.html (I don't see the DVBWorld
name on that site)

I have been looking at this card and seriously consider it for my backend. I
had gotten in touch with someone who's TBS' agent in The Netherlands. He
offered me to try this card with a money back guarantee. That was some time
ago, so not sure if the offer is still on. He had the single tuner variety
running on Ubuntu and MythTV 0.22.

If you want I could try and get back in touch with that agent to see what's
possible for a group buy.