[mythtv-users] VMWare on the backend. Viable solution?

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Tue Jan 19 06:35:43 UTC 2010

>> Finally got a chance to try this yesterday. Not good news, I'm afraid. Ctl+F1 does nothing in my BIOS, >and there are no VT-d settings in the BIOS otherwise.
>
>Are you sure about that? I didn't get any confirmation saying that
>more settings had been activated or similar, but after clicking
>Ctrl+F1, more settings were indeed available in the menues, including
>VT-D. My server is headless, so I can't check the BIOS for the
>specific location, but it was pretty easy to find after Ctrl+F1 had
>been clicked.

Tried it again, but no dice. In fact, I ran through all the settings pages, then returned to the main menu and hit Ctl+F1, and then ran through the settings pages again to see what had changed. I could find no difference, i.e. no advanced settings. My board is a GA-P55-UD4P, with BIOS revision F3. As you've pointed out, the manual says there _should_ be advanced options. Might try updating to a newer version (F6) and having another go. I'd love to get VT-d working! Unfortuantely my serer is also headless, so it's a bit of a pain to hook up monitor and keyboard.

Cheers,

Jon