[mythtv-users] VDPAU can't decode ffmpeg MPEG-4?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 01:38:19 UTC 2010

I have a non-lossless transcoder profile that uses the MPEG-4 video
codec and the MP3 audio codec.  I use VDPAU Normal as my playback
profile, on an ION system.  I just noticed from the logs that these
files are resulting in software decoding.  This causes some stuttering
on 1080i recordings.

Is this expected?  Are there some options that I should or shouldn't
use in that transcoder profile that would allow for hardware decoding?

Jim