[mythtv-users] recomendations on good AGP 8X graphics card with S-Video

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Jan 18 21:16:36 UTC 2010

Aaron Klein wrote:
> I believe I need to replace my GeForce 4 MX graphics card now that I
> have updated my Mythbuntu distro to 9.04.  The propitiatory drivers do
> not seem to work now to get TV out on the S-Video jack like it did
> with the older Mythbuntu 8.04LTS.
>
> I would like to know what AGP 8X graphics cards people have found good
> and easy sucess with to upgrade.  I need S-Video out to the TV.

Aaron, The Nvidia FX5200 is a pretty well known "good" card for use with
mythtv. It'll even do HD as long as you have a 2.8ghz or so P4 processor.
I happen to have one sitting next to me in a static bag, and since I
have no use for it and am feeling generous today...you can have it if
you like. I only ask that you pay the cost to ship it which I can get
you if you want to email me off list with your address info.

The card works great but my mythbox uses pci express so i have an nvidia
9500 card in it now.

-Steve