[mythtv-users] Running XBMC on an Xbox as a MythTV frontend

Justin Garrison rothgar at 1n73r.net
Mon Jan 18 15:35:34 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 7:04 AM, Christian <CvB at kruemel.org> wrote:
>> Is an Xbox a viable frontend for watching Live TV?
>
> I'm using XBMC (on Linux, not an X-Box) also to watch live tv. You need to
> figure out for yourself if this is "viable" for you, but at least it's
> working.
>
> Regards, Christian

I think there is a way to watch LiveTV with the XBMC MythTV python plugin. I
know you can at least schedule and watch recordings that way. I have never
tried with LiveTV though
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcmythtv/

You also could get a HDHR and watch LiveTV natively through XBMC because
they have supported the UPNP detection and video streaming for a while now.

I do agree that this would probably only work with SD or maybe 720p (you
would need component cables of course).

--
Justin Garrison
1n73r.net