[mythtv-users] VMWare on the backend. Viable solution?

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Sun Jan 17 14:29:09 UTC 2010

2010/1/17 Jon Whitear <jon at whitear.org>:
>>> I have a GA-P55-UD3P with a Core i5 (at least I'm pretty sure that's the
>> board I have.) I haven't found any VT-d settings in the BIOS, but I'll try
>> the Ctl+F1 trick and >report back.
>> Much obliged. Will go out and purchase this board right away if this works.
> Finally got a chance to try this yesterday. Not good news, I'm afraid. Ctl+F1 does nothing in my BIOS, and there are no VT-d settings in the BIOS otherwise.

Are you sure about that? I didn't get any confirmation saying that
more settings had been activated or similar, but after clicking
Ctrl+F1, more settings were indeed available in the menues, including
VT-D. My server is headless, so I can't check the BIOS for the
specific location, but it was pretty easy to find after Ctrl+F1 had
been clicked.

The manual of your motherboard also confirms this on page 33:
"To access the BIOS Setup program, press the <Delete> key during the
POST when the power is turned on.
To see more advanced BIOS Setup menu options, you can press <Ctrl> +
<F1> in the main menu of the
BIOS Setup program."

Same thing with the GA-P55A-UD3P board, also on page 33:

Best Regards
Kenni Lund