[mythtv-users] Navigating between days in program guide

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Jan 17 14:07:12 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/17/2010 06:26 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>

>> That's probably one setting that could be removed to avoid confusion but
>> I'll leave that up to the settings assassins ;-)
>>

> This setting assassin is all for removing it (which would mean it's
> always enabled, right?).
>
> Allow channel jumping in guide
> If enabled, you will be able to press numbers and jump the selection to
> whatever channel you enter.
>
> Mike

Yep,  if the setting was removed then you would have the number keys
always jump to  a matching channel.  That would of cause mean you could
never then use the number keys to scroll in the grid. I don't have a
problem with that but others who don't have spare buttons on their
remote might. We could probably add some menu options to compensate for
that if we can find room for them, that menu is already quite full.
Maybe a sub menu with some scroll options line 'Page Right', 'Day Right'
etc?

Paul H.