[mythtv-users] HDPVR & LIRC

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 02:29:54 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 9:09 PM, steve <networks1 at cox.net> wrote:
> I am working on getting the ir blaster set up for channel change using the
> HDPVR on FC12.  I have already installed lirc.  I am using the wiki page at
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/HDPVR as a guide.
>

> In the IR Transmitter Support section it begins “Fedora Core 12 currently
> has built-in support for the HD-PVR's IR blaster.”  Then it says to follow
> the steps to enable the transmitter (i.e., skip the steps to compile the
> modules).  It appears that this section in the wiki was last edited a year
> ago, so I’m wondering if it’s up-to-date.  In particular:
>

> Step 2 asks me to download some firmware from a place called Mark’s
> Braindump and the page in question is dated January 15, 2006.  Is this the
> latest firmware?
>

> Step 6 says to find the LIRC hardware.conf file and edit it.  I assumed it
> would be in /etc/lirc but that’s empty.  Find / -name hardware.conf returns
> nothing.  Where is this file?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Steve

I just recently set this up on my F12 system using the Wiki page that
you linked so I can tell you for sure that it works.

Don't know if the firmware linked on that page in step 2 is the
latest, but like I said, if worked for me.

As far as step 6, I added the section listed to the /etc/sysconfig/lirc file.

Hope this helps.
John