[mythtv-users] MythTV MySQL setup didn't work

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 23:13:18 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 3:03 PM,  <emarkert at aim.com> wrote:
> Actually, it's not all wrong.  I answered the question.  The mysql commands
> I gave him are correct, and the DDL language in the mc.sql file will create
> the database as you mention, but if the database already exists it will skip
> that command.

No.  Running the mc.sql script against an existing mythconverg
database, which is what you wrote the command for, will *never* work.
It will never succeed, in fact.  So that command is 100% incorrect.

Further, your create command would not create a correctly configured
mythconverg on many systems.  So that's bad advice too.

Robert