[mythtv-users] low family acceptance factor; need advice

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sat Jan 16 23:03:36 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 01:24:32PM -0500, Aaron wrote:
> After much time reading this list, and trying out different
> scenario's, i think we have a winner. I have reinstalled Mythbuntu
> countless times now, all trying different things. I started out with
> x64 builds, but have now moved to 32 bit. Not because I wanted to but
> because I read a post on how firewire recording was a lot more stable
> under 32 bit. I thought this can't be true; but alas, i have not
> missed a show since moving to 32 bit.
>
> Mythvideo's is not as pretty as XBMC, but it does work, since since
> the latest builds DTS audio clicking is done, We are happy.

    Well, the browser UI for the default theme in mythvideo is a lot more
interesting in 0.22. There's a lot of potential there. The big catch is just
getting all of your images and metadata sorted out. The nice thing about XBMC
& Boxee is that they tend to sort this all out automagically. Although they
aren't perfect.