[mythtv-users] MythTV MySQL setup didn't work

steve networks1 at cox.net
Sat Jan 16 18:02:47 UTC 2010

I just ran mythtv setup for the first time and it said it couldn't connect
to the db.  I was pretty sure I had gone through the procedures but when I
listed the dbs in mysql there was no mythconverg.  So I ran the prescribed

mysql -u root -p < /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.22/database/mc.sql

again, and got no errors from mysql, but mythconverg is still not in the
show databases list, just information_schema and mysql.  I checked and
mc.sql is in the correct place.  Anyone know how I can get this to install?

Thanks,

Steve