[mythtv-users] Back to back recording issues, and musical sound cards.

Jim Beckett beckett.jim at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 07:52:25 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/15/2010 08:34 PM, Jim Beckett wrote:
>
>> Interesting, I guess the Avermedia A180 MCE's can do multiple streams:
>>
>> Encoder 5 is local on tv and is recording 'Newschannel 8 at 5PM' on
>> KGW-HD. This recording is scheduled to end at 5:29 PM.
>> Encoder 6 is local on tv and is recording 'According to Jim' on
>> KPDX-DT. This recording is scheduled to end at 5:29 PM.
>> Encoder 7 is local on tv and is recording 'KATU News at 5' on KATU-DT.
>> This recording is scheduled to end at 5:29 PM.
>> Encoder 8 is local on tv and is recording 'KOIN Local 6 at 5' on
>> KOIN-HD. This recording is scheduled to end at 5:30 PM
>>

>> It's funny though, each of the top three shows end at 5:30 according
>> to the mythweb, and EPG interfaces.
>>
>> Is the 5:29 PM end time really coming from the information that is
>> transmitted in the actual show? Or, is it more likely that I have a
>> clock synchronization issue between systems?
>>

> If you have EIT enabled on a channel for which you get data from
> Schedules Direct, you have a broken configuration.  You can use /either/
> EIT or Schedules Direct/XMLTV on each channel--never both.
>
> Mike

Mike,

I had the useonairguide meaning backwards in my mind.

I DID have the useonairguide setting checked for all channels, so I
imagine that explains a lot.

I unchecked them for all channels in mythweb, and verified it in
phpmyadmin, then ran mythfilldatabase --refresh-all, and hopefully that
will eliminate the problems I am seeing.

We'll see how it goes from here... Thanks for the help.

-Jim